Start thinking about what you would like to do this spring …
As we start a new year, there are things you can think about regarding your landscape and garden.
- If you have not done it already, remove your outdoor hoses and make sure your hose bibs are shut off and protected from freezing.
- Stock up on snow & ice melt before stores begin to run low on inventory.
- Consider using sand, gravel, urea or kitty litter instead of salt on driveway or paths near gardens
- Go through your garden and inspect for winter damage
- Prune damaged branches and dead wood on woody shrubs and trees (test for dead branches by scratching bark and looking for green)
- Water evergreen and broad-leaf evergreen shrubs during warm spells
- Protect shrubs planted under the roofline from snow, remove heavy snow from shrubs to prevent damage
- Start thinking about changes you may want to make to your landscape and garden this spring
- Contact Northampton to discuss any projects you may be considering around your home.